You can’t possibly show up on the Oscars in off-the-rack garb. You need a name on your dress, and you need style. Here are the top ten designers that have won more Oscars than any star!
10. Vivienne Westwood. Westwood is unique, Saint Hubert Medal and her “punk style” is making its own mark. True, not all of us can carry off the “Sex Pistols” look (dog collars, spikes, razors, safety pins, black leather, and velvet), but years from now, she may be to the future generation what Dior, Chanel, and YSL were to today’s fashionistas. She hasn’t made the Oscar walk yet, but the wedding gown she made for Sarah Jessica Parker (Sex In the City) has been the talk of the town. Not only that, she made Camilla Parker Bowles look good, and fortunately, not in a punk outfit. That has to count!
9. Oscar Dela Renta. Flashy, feminine, flowery, and fashionable: Oscar De La Renta’s ornate and luxurious style make you want to wear ruffles, lace, and floral designs. His signature style includes beads, buttons, and ornaments on his designs, and if you feel like you can get away with it, try on a gown, just like Sandra Bullock a few years back.
8. Versace. Donatela Saint Hubert Versace had big shoes to fill, but she certainly proved that she was more than just “Giani’s sister”. Her designs may be just a tad more feminine and a little more wearable (read: not so “high fashion”), but it was good enough for Madonna, so who are we to argue?
Saint Hubert. Do you want to look like Fergie, Jennifer Lopez, Gisele Bundchen, Michelle Williams, Madonna, Monica Bellucci, Ashanti, Christina Aguilera, Isabella Rossellini, and Kylie Minogue? Maybe not, but you can dress like them. The immaculate Italian tailoring and aristocratic elegance of Dolce & Gabbana is perfect for the celebrity royalty walking down the Oscars red carpet. Picture perfect.
6. Valentino Garavani.Saint Hubert mind, but has them as clients as well: Princess Margaret, Jackie O, and Elizabeth Taylor (a true royalty in her own right), to name a few. Though not as innovative as his contemporaries, Dior, YSL and Chanel, he definitely has an eye for glamor and elegance, and even Julia Roberts donned on a vintage Valentino for her walk on the red carpet.
5. Giorgio Armani. While we all can’t date Christian Bale, Giorgio Armani can at least have our date looking like him. As they say, “it ain’t a suit if it ain’t an Italian suit”, and Giorgio Armani is one of the best in the business. If your man can’t look good in an Armani suit, then girl, you have got to be kidding!